Legal Advice

Help & Advice - Legal Advice_web.jpg

To buy a home, you will need to appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf. They will handle the conveyance for you (transferring the title to you legally), explain the terms of your lease and deal with the seller's solicitor on your behalf. It is worth noting that you will need to have some savings to put towards the cost of local searches and your legal fees.

If you do not have a solicitor in mind we can recommend some reputable solicitors to you from our panel. You can find our Help to Buy and Shared Ownership Solicitor lists in the ‘useful downloads’ below.

Help to Buy would like to remind all its applicants to be vigilant when making payments in relation to the purchase of a property to avoid the risk of any fraud in relation to conveyancing.  Please see guidance.

Find out more

Useful downloads